BIRDING @ LOUIS PARK INCLUDING PIXIE WOODS
Date: May 20, 2022 FRIDAY 8:00 AM
Where: Boat Launch Parking Lot @ Louis Park including Pixie Woods See the Map
Join Donna Marciano at Louis Park for a morning of birding. We will meet at the boat launch parking lot and bird throughout the park including Pixie Woods. Some of the bird species we should see include Yellow-billed Magpie, Wood Ducks, Acorn & Nuttall’s woodpeckers, Swallow spp., perhaps an Osprey on the water channel, and White-tailed Kites have nested in the past. This trip is open to all, beginner, or experienced birders welcome. Most of the bird walk is wheelchair accessible This trip will last 3 hours or so, bring a snack, water, hat with easy walking under the shade of trees.
======================
ANNUAL PICNIC
Date: May 21, 2022 SATURDAY 8:00 AM
Where: Waldo Holt Preserve located in Galt. (See the Map: https://www.google.com/.../data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...
San Joaquin Audubon will hold its Annual Chapter Picnic at the newly acquired Waldo Holt Preserve located in Galt. The Preserve is located at the north border of San Joaquin County. It is on the west side of Lower Sacramento Rd., just south of Dry Creek and the city of Galt. It consists of approximately 80 acres, a large portion of which is riparian habitat lying to the south side of Dry Creek. There is also a seasonal creek and pond on the property. All are welcome. We will start off birding at 8:00 a.m. and then hold a short Annual Business Meeting and have our picnic lunch. We suggest everyone bring your own food, we will not be sharing food, if you bring something to share, please make sure it is individually wrapped. We will provide tables and a few shade structures, please bring your own chairs so you will have somewhere to sit while eating and listening to the Board meeting. The picnic area is accessible by all, but most of the preserve has a rough dirt path making it tougher to access for some. Contact Donna if you have questions 209 403-4270.
MONTHLY CENSUS @ FISH HATCHERY
Date: May 22, 2022 SUNDAY 8:00 AM
Where: Mokelumne River Fish Hatchery. See the Map
Join leaders Joanne Katanic and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam. Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery first parking lot at 8:00 AM.
--
Alan England, Stockton