Hermit Warbler/Migrant wave at Dentoni Park

Susan Schneider <susanschneider7@...>

The oaks were hopping at Dentoni this morning.  I found Nashville, Hermit, Yellow, and Wilson's Warblers.  Pat P and I overlapped by about 5 min until he had to leave - he had Yellow-rumps and an Orange-crowned that I was unable to relocate.  So, 6 warbler species in all!  I also reveled in Warbling & Cassin's Vireos, Bullock's Orioles, Western Tanagers, and a female Lazuli Bunting.  Some of the birds were singing, but most were entirely nonvocal.

The Hermit Warbler was an adult male that provided wonderful views, in an oak about halfway down the bike trail segment.  It was loosely associating with a Cassin's Vireo and a pair of Bushtits.  However, most of the migrants were in the oaks along the creek in the main section of the park.

For those unfamiliar with Birdcast.info from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, it provides daily forecasts of migration.  This morning was supposed to be good - right on!

Good birding,
Susan
Stockton

--
Susan M. Schneider, PhD
Climate activist, behavioral psychologist, and award-winning author of The Science of Consequences
http://www.scienceofconsequences.com - includes climate info

“The impact of human-induced warming is worse than previously feared, and only drastic coordinated action will keep the damage short of catastrophe.”
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, October 2018 report (authored by 91 scientists from 40 countries, based on over 6,000 scientific references)
It's not too late.