Hermit Warbler/Migrant wave at Dentoni Park

Susan Schneider <susanschneider7@...>

The oaks were hopping at Dentoni this morning.  I found Nashville, Hermit, Yellow, and Wilson's Warblers.  Pat P and I overlapped by about 5 min until he had to leave - he had Yellow-rumps and an Orange-crowned that I was unable to relocate.  So, 6 warbler species in all!  I also reveled in Warbling & Cassin's Vireos, Bullock's Orioles, Western Tanagers, and a female Lazuli Bunting.  Some of the birds were singing, but most were entirely nonvocal.

The Hermit Warbler was an adult male that provided wonderful views, in an oak about halfway down the bike trail segment.  It was loosely associating with a Cassin's Vireo and a pair of Bushtits.  However, most of the migrants were in the oaks along the creek in the main section of the park.

For those unfamiliar with Birdcast.info from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, it provides daily forecasts of migration.  This morning was supposed to be good - right on!

Susan M. Schneider, PhD
Climate activist, behavioral psychologist, and award-winning author of The Science of Consequences
http://www.scienceofconsequences.com - includes climate info

It's not too late.