DIY trip

k foley

We went to White Slough (not the wastewater treatment plant). It’s an area in the bird finding guide that we used to go more often when the gate was open at the frontage road. Now the gate is closed so it adds 3/4 -1 mile extra to the walk for no great birding and the footing is difficult because you need to look down so you don’t step in a hole😬.
We walked around ponds 9-12, approximately a 6-7 mile round trip but nice walk.

But tomorrow there is a great bird walk (unofficial) at the Fish hatchery that you should go to. I will be out town so can’t go but I go each month, it is always a great bird walk.
I will forward Liz’s email.

Have fun!
Kasey

On Mar 20, 2021, at 9:39 AM, Andrew Rodriguez via groups.io <Terriworks=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Kasey where did you go? We plan a serious outing tomorrow! Terri

--
Terri Works
Jackson, CA

Andrew Rodriguez

Kasey where did you go? We plan a serious outing tomorrow! Terri

--
Terri Works
Jackson, CA

k foley

Rich and I got out the day after the presentation and found the following:

Inline image

On Friday, March 19, 2021, 10:55:05 AM PDT, Pat Paternostro <broncos30@...> wrote:

Birders
I finally got out to find some of the birds on our latest DIY trip. (If you missed the presentation, information will be available on our website).
I found 9 points worth of birds today with my highlight being a YBMA.
Hope you can join us in this fun competition, we will have our follow-up meeting on 4/6.
I’ve included the chart of birds and their associated point value.
Good birding. Image.jpeg
Pat