Singing warblers at Lodi Lake

Dale Smith

Geez, been snowing/raining here all day!

On Mar 23, 2020, at 12:54 PM, Susan Schneider <susanschneider7@...> wrote:

We may not be moving around much, but the birds are.  I found 5 species of warblers at Lodi Lake this morning, including singing Black-throated Gray, Common Yellowthroat, and Yellow-rumped.  Calling species were an early Wilson's Warbler (near Pigs Lake) and two Orange-crowns.  Other highlights included an early Barn Swallow, two Swainson's Hawks traveling north in company, a Bufflehead at the lake, a Hermit Thrush (calling but not singing, alas), and 3 Lincoln's Sparrows.  Singing Ruby-crowned Kinglets were everywhere.

When I first arrived, ripples at the edge of the lake proved to be either a muskrat or a nutria.

Take care,

Susan M. Schneider
Climate activist and award-winning author of The Science of Consequences
http://www.scienceofconsequences.com

It's not too late.