Three Great SJ Audubon Field Trips This Week

England

LOCATIONS:  https://www.sanjoaquinaudubon.org/field-trips/

WHITE SLOUGH EVENING BIRD WALK
Date: August 11, 2022 Thursday 5:30 PM – 9:00PM
Where: White Slough Ponds 9-13.
Join leader Kasey for an evening full moon (actually Super Moon) birding stroll around White Slough ponds 9-13.
There are no bathrooms and no benches to rest on but the trail is fairly flat.  The walk will be between 3-6 miles, depending on the route we take and we will be behind a locked gate so there is no opportunity to leave early on this trip.
Meet us at McDonald’s at Flag City (near I-5/Hwy 12) in Lodi at 5:30 pm so we can car pool out to White Slough.  Everyone should bring plenty of drinking water and bug spray.  Contact kaseyfoley@... with any questions, please put WHITE SLOUGH in the Subject line of your email.

COSUMNES RIVER WALK

Date: August 13, 2022 SATURDAY 6:30 AM
Where: Cosumnes River Preserve.

Join leader Jim Rowoth for the monthly River Walk bird count through the varied habitats of the CRP. Meet Jim at the visitor center on Franklin Blvd at 6:30 AM.

AMERICAN CANYON WETLANDS, NAPA

Date: August 14, 2022 Sunday 9:00 AM
Where: American Canyon Wetlands.

Meet Donna on Sunday, August 14th at the Eucalyptus Rd parking lot for a day of birding at this great tidal marsh location in the North Bay Area. This is a very popular walking and birding location visited by many people throughout the year. Expect a 2–3-mile stroll through the wetlands paved path, accessible by all, including wheelchair accessible. This is a great time of year for migrant shorebirds feeding/putting on fat reserves to head south, we should see Willets, Long Billed Dowitchers, Marbled Godwits, American Avocets, and perhaps terns and phalaropes. Trip will go approximately to 2pm, please bring water, hat, jacket for changeable weather and a lunch. This trip is open to all, beginner, or experienced birders welcome. If interested in carpooling, please call Donna.

--
Alan England, Stockton