SJ Audubon July Field Trips

England

JULY FIELD TRIPS
WOODBRIDGE WILDERNESS SURVEY
Date: July 16, 2022 SATURDAY 8:00 AM
Where: Woodbridge Wilderness Area.
Map: https://www.sanjoaquinaudubon.org/field-trips/

Join leaders Kathy Bonham and Virginia Bonham for our monthly census of this small riparian area on the banks of the Mokelumns River. Meet the leaders at the north end of Meadowlark Lane in Woodbridge at 8:00 AM

MONTHLY CENSUS @ FISH HATCHERY
Date: July 17, 2022 SUNDAY 8:00 AM
Where: Mokelumne River Fish Hatchery.  For location map: https://www.sanjoaquinaudubon.org/field-trips/
Join leaders Joanne Katanic  and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam. Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery parking lot below the dam at 8:00 AM.

KIRKWOOD-DANBERG DR. TRAIL AND PLASSE’S RESORT AREA
Date: July 23, 2022 SATURDAY 9:00 AM
Where: Plasse’s Resort Area.
For location map: https://www.sanjoaquinaudubon.org/field-trips/
Join Donna for day of birding in the high Sierra and escape the valley heat. We will begin at the Kirkwood ski area to hike the Danberg Dr. trail, after the hike, we will have lunch and travel to Plasse’s resort located on westside of Silver Lake off Hwy 88.  We will search the Sierra for many types of montane bird species, such as the white-headed & hairy woodpecker, green tailed towhee, a variety of warblers spp. and the Clark’s nutcracker.  This trip is open to all beginner, or experienced birders. Trip will include some hiking up a dirt trail at Kirkwood and easy walking on flat ground at Plasse’s resort. We will meet at 9:00 am at the entrance to the Kirkwood ski resort off Hwy 88, and drive together to Danberg Dr. This trip will last all day long, bring a lunch, plenty of water, hat, and sunscreen. If interested in carpooling, please call Donna.
--
Alan England, Stockton