Re: Hooded Oriole

k foley

I never did get a MacGillivray’s warbler during the migration. Maybe I’ll get a straggler :)

I have had many Western Tanagers and a few Yellow Warblers but they are always welcome in my yard!

On May 31, 2021, at 4:09 PM, kasey foley <kaseyfoley@...> wrote:

That’s Fantastic! I would love to see that!

On May 31, 2021, at 2:54 PM, John Harris <johnh@...> wrote:

I had a MacGillivray's Warbler today, seen near a bird bath. I'm not in San Joaquin, though I lurk on this list. Only a few minutes from the border though!
John Harris
just east of Oakdale

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 1:39 PM Susan Schneider <susanschneider7@...> wrote:
Excellent.  My neighborhood in Stockton had 2 Western Tanagers and 1 Yellow Warbler female yesterday; 1 Tanager today.  Anyone else still getting late migrants?

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 12:44 PM k foley <kaseyfoley@...> wrote:
Went all over the County looking for a Hooded Oriole, turns out I could have just stayed at my house. Just had a first summer male Hooded Oriole in my Valley Oak! I was so surprised I was unable to get a photo before it flew off. Still nice Memorial Day bird.

Susan M. Schneider, PhD
Climate activist, behavioral psychologist, and award-winning author of The Science of Consequences
http://www.scienceofconsequences.com - includes climate info

It's not too late.