Pied blackbird on Woodbridge Rd

Jim Rowoth

I found an aberrant plumaged Red-winged Blackbird on Woodbridge Rd this afternoon. This partial albino/leucistic looks almost like a Pied Water-Tyrant, found in northern South America. However, since this is not South America and the bird was clearly associating with, acting like, and sounding like a Red-winged Blackbird, I’m confident in my ID. If anyone wants to look for it, it was in/around the ditch along the N side of the road, almost directly across from the bright red plastic trash can by the black chain link fence and pull-off area at the E end of the Black Hole property. Nothing of great import, just a neat looking bird!