Bittern calling at Bear Creek Bike Trail

Susan Schneider

It was breezy and quiet this morning, but I heard one American Bittern doing its pump-handle call right opposite the end of the paved trail (west of I-5).  Other highlights included two Caspian Terns and one Wrentit singing.  Migrants were very thin on the ground; Wilson's was my only warbler species.

Susan M. Schneider, PhD
Climate activist, behavioral psychologist, and award-winning author of The Science of Consequences
http://www.scienceofconsequences.com - includes climate info

It's not too late.