Request for help from SJAS membership

Jim Rowoth

The SJAS board is looking for SJAS members who would like to help promote the distribution of our book, Birding in San Joaquin County.  As we are all aware, during the pandemic we have not been able to hold regular membership meetings or to participate in big events like the Lodi Crane Festival or the Central Valley Birding Symposium, so we haven’t been able to sell get as many books out in the public as we would like.

What we would like is to have one person at the Isenberg Crane Preserve before evening fly-in to offer copies of Birding in San Joaquin County to visitors at the preserve.  We have an on-line sign up sheet to coordinate this effort.  Several board members have already signed up, but we’d appreciate help from our wider membership.  Obviously, masking and social distancing applies.

Please contact me for more details on this low-key opportunity to interact with visiting birders and to spend an occasional hour or so with our wintering cranes and waterfowl.