Swenson Park

Kurt Mize

All:

I paid a visit to Swenson Park In north Stockton this morning. It was cold (34F), but sunny and calm. If you’re looking for Purple Finch in Stockton, this is a good place to look. I had a total of twelve today, two adult males and ten females, mostly feeding in small groups on privet along Five Mile Slough (a couple of excellent documentary photos attached).  I also had seven Pine Siskins, most feeding on Coast Redwood cones. Also notable were Red-breasted Nuthatches (a total of five), and an adult male “Prairie” Merlin feeding on a Cedar Waxwing (pic attached).

Good birding,

Kurt

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail