From: SJBirds@groups.io <SJBirds@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rowoth
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 8:26 PM
To: SJBirds@groups.io
Subject: [SJBirds] eBird Illustrated Checklist for San Joaquin Co

Folks (as our Pres-Elect would say),

I was just looking at the Illustrated Checklist of birds for San Joaquin Co (https://ebird.org/region/US-CA-077/media?yr=all&m=), I found the following species do not have a photo attached.  Many of these are historical one-time records.  However, I am sure there are photographs of some of these birds out there.  Remember, eBird does not require that photos be “gallery quality”—as long as they show enough to ID the bird, that is sufficient.

Thus, I am requesting, if any of you out there have photos of any of these species, that you attach one (or more) photo(s) of these birds to your existing eBird report or that you submit a list in eBird showing that species in San Joaquin Co.  Remember, checklists can be either “complete” or “incomplete” as far as species composition is concerned, and that, in addition to Traveling and Stationary, you can submit an Incidental or Historical report.

Thanks in advance for your help in plugging some of these holes!

Jim Rowoth

eBird reviewer for San Joaquin Co.

Fulvous Whistling-Duck

Trumpeter Swan