From: SJBirds@groups.io <SJBirds@groups.io> on behalf of Pat Croft <patndavid@...>
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 6:29:36 AM
To: SJBirds <SJBirds@groups.io>
Subject: [SJBirds] Something besides birds

Pat & I drove out to the North Isenberg Preserve parking area last night.  We saw the Neowise comet.  No city lights.  Binoculars are a must.  It was about 9:45 pm.  Windy & 68 degrees.  But on the way we saw our first barn owl of the year.  It flew in front of the car.  The comet was awesome.  Go out somewhere out in the country & look for the big dipper towards the Northwest & scan the sky with you binocs.  You will see it.   Dave & Pat