Laughlin Park today

Kurt Mize

All:

Laughlin Park was pretty birdy again this morning. Practically the first bird I saw was my FOS Hammond’s Flycatcher. I ran into Dave Quaddy, who was also birding the park, and (with some effort) we were able to relocate the bird. Before I got there, Dave had seen an Ash-throated Flycatcher perched in the top of one of the oaks, but it was never relocated. Ash-throated is rare for the park, and was obviously on its way somewhere else. Other birds of note included: one Black-chinned Hummingbird, one Pac Slope Flycatcher, two Cassin’s Vireos, one Warbling Vireo, two Red-breasted Nuthatches, one Blue-gray Gnatcher, two Bullock’s Orioles, one Nashville Warbler, three Yellow Warblers, one Yellow-rumped Warbler, two Black-throated Gray Warblers, one Townsend’s Warbler, three Wilson’s Warblers, four Western Tanagers, and two Black-headed Grosbeaks.

Good birding,

Kurt