Yard birding

Pat Croft

to all: I went out to my front yard to empty trash this morning & just sat. I saw 2 western blue birds gathering nesting material right in front of me. I saw a Scrub jay digging in my yard probably looking for a hidden acorn. I can watch my backyard feeders from my back windows while eating a meal or watching TV. These are examples of fellow shut in birders to use their imaginations to watch birds. Everytime I have to leave the house I look for birds. Like on the way to the store & so on. Just suggestions to take away the boredom. Yesterday after running an errand we drove around Lodi Lake & birded from the car. The weather was cold & cloudy & wet. Dave