toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Dale: My last weekend count I had 13 species which included purple finches, house finches, lesser & american gold finches, fox, lincoln, white-crowned & golden-crowned sparrows. Plus one pair each mourning & eurasian collard dove & so on. Dave
On Mar 25, 2020, at 7:27 AM, Dale Smith via Groups.Io <doc0013@...
Yes, I participate in FeederWatch. My count days are Wednesday and Thursday. There have been weeks this winter when I had zero birds.
So far today, we have had 2 Mourning Doves, 2 Blue Jays, 3 Starlings and one each of Common Grackle and Red-wing Blackbird. Slim pickings!
To Dale Smith. Do you do project feeder watch for Cornell? I do every weekend. Feeder watch has been slim to a bonanza in the west. Dave Croft
On Mar 24, 2020, at 8:18 PM, England via Groups.Io <wdchkgsqrl@...
Yes, I responded. I don't actively bird the yard/neighborhood, but when I see something besides finches, junkos and mourning doves, I often do register them on eBird. However, being a bit anal already and having a daily to-do list of six things, I'm not willing to commit to doing this on a guaranteed basis.
I flake, as usual.
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 01:40:52 PM PDT, Jim Rowoth <rowoth@...
A new poll has been created:
Some of you are already doing this, but here's a poll for SJBird members.
1) Do you live in San Joaquin Co?
2) Do you watch the birds in your yard?
3) Would you be willing to submit a daily eBird list for your yard during the current coronavirus "emergency"?
Thank you all in advance!
1. 1. Yes, I live in San Joaquin Co.
2. 1.. No, I live outside San Joaquin Co.
3. 2. Yes, I watch the birds in my yard.
4. 2. No, I don't watch the birds in my yard.
5. 3. Yes, I'd be willing to submit a daily eBird list for my yard birds. (Contact rowoth@... if you need help.)
6. 3. No, I am not willing to submit a daily eBird list for my yard birds.
-- Alan England, Stockton