Re: Yard-birding poll & eBird #poll

Dale Smith

Hi Dave,

Yes, I participate in FeederWatch. My count days are Wednesday and Thursday. There have been weeks this winter when I had zero birds.

So far today, we have had 2 Mourning Doves, 2 Blue Jays, 3 Starlings and one each of Common Grackle and Red-wing Blackbird. Slim pickings!

Stay well...Dale

On Mar 25, 2020, at 10:02 AM, Pat Croft <Patndavid@...> wrote:

To Dale Smith.  Do you do project feeder watch for Cornell?   I do every weekend.  Feeder watch has been slim to a bonanza in the west.  Dave Croft

On Mar 24, 2020, at 8:18 PM, England via Groups.Io <wdchkgsqrl@...> wrote:

Jim,

Yes, I responded.  I don't actively bird the yard/neighborhood, but when I see something besides finches, junkos and mourning doves, I often do register them on eBird.   However, being a bit anal already and having a daily to-do list of six things, I'm not willing to commit to doing this on a guaranteed basis.

I flake, as usual.

Alan

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 01:40:52 PM PDT, Jim Rowoth <rowoth@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Some of you are already doing this, but here's a poll for SJBird members.

1)  Do you live in San Joaquin Co?

2)  Do you watch the birds in your yard?

3)  Would you be willing to submit a daily eBird list for your yard during the current coronavirus "emergency"?

Thank you all in advance!

1. 1. Yes, I live in San Joaquin Co.
2. 1.. No, I live outside San Joaquin Co.
3. 2. Yes, I watch the birds in my yard.
4. 2. No, I don't watch the birds in my yard.
5. 3. Yes, I'd be willing to submit a daily eBird list for my yard birds. (Contact rowoth@... if you need help.)
6. 3. No, I am not willing to submit a daily eBird list for my yard birds.

Vote Now

Alan England, Stockton