Topics

Yellow- breasted char ft scott presidio

Josiah Clark

Headed out for a big hour this morning, quite remorseful for not being out on a big day by bike yesterday.
Few obvious migrants today but a Yellow-breasted chat was singing from the red flowering metrosideros trees below the flagpole at the south west corner of the field. I got a brief recording of it as it squared off with a male hooded oriole there.
Almost all the wintering water birds have left Crissy Field since Saturday. The only Bufflehead in the area is at Mountain Lake Park, a brown stained male. Hopefully it recovers but did not migrate with the rest.
I have not seen a golden crowned sparrow in about a week. The seasonal changing of the guard of our local avifauna is afoot.