Topics

White Pelicans & Sutro Baths

Brian Fitch

The White Peli's were an overdue addition to my house list (126).  While they've been hanging out at Crissey in recent years, they're still very rare flying over town.  These were likely soaring near the Bay's shore, and by the time I finished sending my earlier post, they had vanished.

I spent some time at the Sutro Baths earlier today, despite the ongoing dull smoggy weather.  The highlights were a Red-necked Grebe heading into the Gate, and a too distant murrelet that looked like it had pale underwings.  There were also hundreds of Red-throated Loons, mostly flying north, and seven Black Oystercatchers in view at once on Seal Rocks.
Brian Fitch

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:29 PM Brian Fitch via groups.io <fogeggs=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Soaring somewhere near mission bay apparently heading for Potrero
Brian Fitch