Western Bluebirds at Fort Mason Community Garden

Taylor Lapeyre

A quiet evening at the garden this afternoon (except for the parrots), but some kind folks told me that they noticed a pair of Western Bluebirds that were searching for a nesting area across Pope Rd. Sure enough, there was one in a tree that let me have a nice look. Thought I'd pass along the info.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S79299702

I also noticed that many of the birds I saw, especially one Ruby-Crowned Kinglet, had concerning amounts of feather damage from eucalyptus sap around their beaks. It looked like it couldn't be comfortable. Those eucalyptus trees are always busy.

Good birding,

Taylor