Topics

Vista Grande today: Parula, Blackburnian

Jonah Benningfield

Birders,
Another exciting day at Vista Grande. Once again, I failed to get out all that early, but upon arriving at the Canal saw a Northern Parula in the same patch of flowering pittosporum where the Magnolia was yesterday.
In the eucalyptus trees behind the apartment complex (SW of the canal), a large mixed flock also included one Blackburnian Warbler, which eventually flew off into the golf course.
Also of note, Lucas Stephenson put me onto a Blackpoll Warbler he found at the Canal, a county lifer for me. Definitely seems like this area is a free-for-all of rare warblers right now, with better chances of discovering something new than refinding something old.

all the best,
Jonah B.