Tuesday, 2 June 2021, McLaren Park

Mike Correll-Feichtner

Tuesday afternoon, 2 June 2021, Ron and I hiked around McLaren Park in hopes of finding the Indigo /bunting reported recently….

We found the Indigo Bunting singing high in a pine near Joe Morlan’s pinned location https://goo.gl/maps/AXJoeeYbGcyWCNb78 at the M in “McLaren Labyrinth”...neglected to get a recording of my own, but sound was like no other present and was
reminiscent of my sightings of the past....was reported by others several times over the past couple weeks...checking a sound recording back at our car at the end of our hike confirmed my hunches.

Other birds of note were Purple Finches, Pygmy Nuthatches and a pair of Western Bluebirds

https://ebird.org/checklist/S89576097

--

Mike Correll-Feichtner (Formery Mike Feighner)

Livermore, California, Alameda County

images[1]

http://www.linkedIn.com/in/michaelfeighner

--

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”  --  Martin Luther King, Jr.