Three Oriole Morning at Fort Mason

David Assmann

One of the first birds I saw this morning in the Fort Mason Community Garden was a male HOODED ORIOLE (my fos). Then at the edge of the cul-de-sac before the Battery, both a BULLOCK'S ORIOLE and a BALTIMORE ORIOLE were foraging in the same tree.  As you can see from the attached picture, the Baltimore is moving towards full alternate plumage. The NASHVILLE WARBLER continues in the garden as well, and a MERLIN has been seen almost every day lately.  On Sunday, I had my first spring WARBLING VIREO at El Polin Spring, but the real surprise was a WESTERN RED BAT flying around the spring in broad daylight at 11 am.