The spawn week is on

John Cant 793-5216

Yes, just what does all this mean?  Is there a major herring spawning event?  If so, just where?  Has any gull enthusiast been there and checked out the (hopefully) huge hordes of gulls?  Any rarities?  How about Slaty-Backed, which are due in the Bay at this time of year?

If someone has been there and seen no rarities, please report that also.  Negative data are still data.

Thank you,

John Cant
Fremont

On Friday, January 22, 2021, 7:44:36 PM PST, Luanna Helfman <luanna.helfman@...> wrote:

what?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 4:53 PM Josiah Clark <josiah.clark621@...> wrote:

Josiah Clark | Habitat Potential | Consulting Ecologist | 415.317.3978
License #1043929

Alex Loucks

Hi folks,

I live by AT&T park/Aqua Vista Cove. There was tons of gull activity today (and fisherman) but I didn't realize this was what this email chain was referring to. Here's a confirmed report:

Sadly, I am way too novice of a birder to tell you what gulls there are, but there are tons!

Best,
Alex

Mila Zinkova <Milazinkova@...>