Sunday morning

Harry Fuller <harry_fuller@...>

Trapped northof GGPark by the Bay-to-Breakers, I check out East Wash...there I
spotted Jane Anderson and we both spotted JOsiah Clark...there were plenty of
birds to go around.

An empid which Josiah and I finally agreed was a Hammond's not a Dusky, short
tail, very small beak. It was seen clearly, but silent.
Willow Flycatcher Probable nesting pair of OS
FLycatchers, saw one carry nesting material into east side of
Western Tanager (>10) cypress that is west of
leafless tree just below the lower dirt parapet; male called consistently
Male Bul Oriole, singing for over an hour
Yel Warbler OC Warbler
Wilson's Warbler, singing PS FLy., singing
BH Grosbeak (>3) Lazuli Bunting (>4), one male
singing continually
Am Gold Warbling Vireo
Town, Warbler plus all the usual local birds
In addition JOsiah got Hermit Warbler, BT Gray and probable W. Kingbird (which
would make 5 flycatchers inthat spot)

-----
At West Wash:
Warb Vireo Hermit Warbler
Town. Warbler
----
Mile Rock Overlook:
7 Pigeon Guillemot Large strig of Caspian Terns
flying past

Janice Andersen <Janandersen@...>

And to cap off the morning, after Hairy Filler* and Josiah left, a Red-shouldered
Hawk carrying nesting material (straw) flew across the golf course into the area
between the back of the Legion of Honor museum and the VA Hospital, joined by
another hawk. BTW, the 5th flycatcher was a continuously calling Western
Wood-Pewee.

*Harry--that's Jan Andersen, not Jane Anderson, BIG difference :-)