Topics

Summer Tanager @ Lily Pond

Ken Moy

Hi Birders,@ 10:45 on 12/17, I spotted immature/female Summer Tanager in trees slightly NE of the Lily Pond in GGP. I had a 2 minute view of the bird as it foraged in the trees just at the point where the path from the tunnel underneath JFK leading to the (closed) tunnel to the tennis courts (under construction) meets another social path. The same copse of trees can be seen from the SW corner of JFK and Middle Drive East if one faces upslope and walks across the lawn to the middle of a (semi-circular) row of bushes. I assume this is the same bird that has been seen and (mainly) heard at Lily Pond.

Good birding,

Ken Moy