Sue Bierman Park

Jim Chiropolos

As my work has me repairing big building facades in downtown SF, over the years I make many trips downtown. Over the last 15 years, I try to time my visits to I can bird Sue Bierman at lunch in the fall. The last 5 years Sue Bierman has been a shaky place with open drug use and a large street population that often camps in the park.

Today birding the park, despite keeping a buffer distance of 50 feet or more with people using the park, I had the most aggressive encounter there ever with a man approaching and accosting me with a wild expression and saying “Get Out Now!”

Perhaps the park has become a place to bird in groups and certainly is a place where cameras will invite a mugging. Of the places I have birded in the bay area - a lot - this place is head and shoulders the diciest for aggressive encounters and you always need to know who may be approaching you.

Not a lot of bird migrants there today.

Be safe out there.

Jim Chiropolos
Orinda

Bill Vlach

Sorry that happened to you!

We had no problem there today.

Here’s what was waiting for us at noon.

Thanks,

Bill
-----------------------------
William Vlach, Ph.D.
Phone: (415) 681-6565
525 Irving Street
San Francisco, Ca
94122
Williamvlach.com

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
                        — Dr Seuss

An email message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Access to this email by anyone other than the addressee is prohibited without prior approval.  Please note that electronic communications cannot be considered either private or confidential, although every effort will be made to provide the highest security in sending/receiving and storage of your communications.