Topics

Stow Lake

jfairc49@...

Hi All;

Just for general information.  Stow Lake was named for W. W. Stow, who gave $60,000 for its construction (quite a lot in those days!).  Stowe is a Public School in the UK, there is also a Stowe in Vermont....both might be cold at this time of year, but I think I'd prefer the Stowe in Vermont....English Public Schools having a traditionally unpleasant reputation, some aspects of which I can relate to?

Nevertheless, the birds seem to love Stow Lake, no matter how it is spelled....after all they still keep on coming!

Enjoy your many walks there...I do!

Jeff Fairclough, SSF