Topics

Spellchecked Ferruginous

Brian Fitch

My account wasn't hacked by a rug salesperson, nor was I hallucinating about seeing an Aladdin type flyby, I was just trying to get the word out quickly for those who live nearby and haven't seen a Ferrug in the city yet.  Despite the report getting delayed by spell check, Joachim was able to see it a little later, and Rachel may have obtained some record photos of the high flying bird.

Besides the juvenile hawk, highlights included a Bonaparte's Gull and Parasitic Jaeger flying over the bridge parallel to each other, two juvenile harriers heading north and a female heading south, and a flock of 52 Cackling Geese going east.  Band-tailed Pigeons, Surf Scoters and Greater Scaup were on the increase, while no Broad-winged Hawks or Violet-green Swallows were noted.

Brian Fitch

Brian Fitch

Just saw Rachel's photos, and will amend the report to note that the rug was an adult.  That's what I get for letting the bird go too early and trying to get others on it.

Brian Fitch