From: <sgloverccc@aol.com>
To: <calbird@kiwi.net>; <northbaybirds@egroups.com>; <sfbirds@egroups.com>;
<ebbird@lists.best.com>; <mbb@bionet.ucsc.edu>;
<peninsula-birding@egroups.com>; <central_valley_birds@egroups.com>;
<sjbirds@egroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 12:44 PM
Subject: [sjbirds] North American Birds Reminder

Dear North American Birds Contributors,

Apologies to those of you belonging to multiple list-serves who are getting
this message four or five times!

Please send your noteworthy records from the Middle Pacific Coast Region for
the period 1 June 2000 – 31 July 2000 to the appropriate Subregional Editors
(see below) or to the Regional Editors by 10 August. Please note that Peter
Metropolus has agreed to serve as the Subregional Editor for Mono County.

PLEASE use Subregional Editors for the counties that have them. These SREs
painstakingly keep track of records within their counties and are in most
cases THE source of information on the birds of their counties. By sending
your records to the SREs, you are helping to contribute to their county
files
as well as to North American Birds. If you wish to send copies to the
Regional Editors, we welcome them, but please send records through the SREs
as
well. If you have a noteworthy summer sighting from a county without a
Subregional Editor, please send records to the Regional Editors below.

Records of loons-frigatebirds and larids-alcids go to Scott Terrill at:

H.T. Harvey & Associates
3150 Almaden Expwy., Suite 145
San Jose, CA 95118
or
sbterrill@aol.com

Records of herons to shorebirds go to Daniel Singer at:
Arroyo & Coates
500 Washington Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94111
or
dsg@isp.net

Records of doves through thrushes/Wrentit (in the new AOU order, that
includes
vireos and shrikes) go to Steve Glover at:
6526 Conestoga Lane
Dublin, CA 94568
or
Sgloverccc@aol.com

Records of thrashers/starlings to finches go to Don Roberson at:
282 Grove Acre Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
or
creagrus@montereybay.com

SUBREGIONAL EDITORS

Alameda
Bob Richmond
24650 Amador St. #15
Hayward, CA 94544
BRichmondALA@cs.com

Alpine & Calaveras
Penelope Bowen
2035 Ashton Ave.
Menlo Park CA 94025
PbowenD@aol.com

Amador
Mike Robbins
8700 Elk Ridge Way
Elk Grove CA 95624
Tsuga3@aol.com

Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Sutter, Tehama, Yuba
Bruce Deuel
18730 Live Oak Road
Red Bluff, CA 96080
bdeuel@dfg.ca.gov

Contra Costa
Steve Glover
6526 Conestoga Lane
Dublin CA 94568
Sgloverccc@aol.com

Del Norte
Alan D. Barron
1093 Hwy 101 N. #18
Crescent City CA 95531

Humboldt
David Fix and Jude Claire Power
P.O. Box 4331
Arcata CA 95518
dfxjcp@humboldt1.com

Kings
Luke Cole
561 Hill Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
luke@crpesf.org

Lake
Jerry R. White
P.O. Box 113
Kelseyville CA 95451

Lassen, Sacramento & Yolo
Tim Manolis
808 El Encino Way
Sacramento CA 95864
Ylightfoot@aol.com

Mendocino
Bob Keiffer
P. O. Box 354
Hopland CA 95449
rjkeiffer@ucdavis.edu

Merced and San Benito
Kent Van Vuren
26 Vista Drive
Salinas CA 93907
vanvurenk@aol.com

Modoc
John Sterling
Jones & Stokes Associates
2600 V. Street
Sacramento CA 95818-1914
sterling@mail.woodland.net

Mono & San Mateo
Peter Metropolus
1603 Manzanita Avenue
Belmont CA 94002

Monterey
Don Roberson
282 Grove Acre
Pacific Grove CA 93950
831-373-2556 fax
creagrus@montereybay.com

Napa & Solano
Robin Leong
336 Benson Avenue
Vallejo CA 94590-3027
leong@community.net

Nevada & Placer
Brian Williams
204 Teton Place
Woodland CA 95695-5928
bwcal@sprynet.com

Plumas & Sierra
David Lukas
P.O. Box 480
North San Juan CA 95960
towhee@nccn.net

San Francisco (mainland)
Hugh Cotter
1219 Broderick St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
htcotter@aol.com

San Joaquin
11707 N. Alpine Rd.
Lodi CA 95240
davidyee@lycnet.com

Santa Clara
William G. Bousman
321 Arlington Way
Menlo Park CA 94025
bousman@merlin.arc.nasa.gov

Santa Cruz
David Suddjian
801 Monterey Ave
Capitola CA 95010
DSUDDJIAN@aol.com

Shasta
Bob Yutzy
P. O. Box 990237
Redding CA 96099
boby@c-zone.net

Siskiyou
Ray Ekstrom
2209 Delphic Road
Montague CA 96964

Sonoma
Ruth Rudesill
P.O. Box 371
Kenwood CA 95452

Stanislaus
Jim Gain
310 Gayle Ave
Modesto, CA 95350
James_Gain@monet.k12.ca.us

Trinity
John Hunter
P.O. Box 4483
Arcata CA 95518
JHunter323@aol.com

We currently have no Subregional Editors for El Dorado, Fresno, Madera,
Marin,
Mariposa, Tulare, Tuolumne. Records from these counties should be sent
directly to the Regional Editors.

The Reporting Deadlines are:
Spring Summer Fall Winter

Season ends May 31 July 31 Nov 30 Feb 28

Observer reports to Subregional Editors (SREs)
June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

Observer reports to Regional Editors (if not sent to SRE)
June 10 Aug 10 Dec 10 Mar 10

SRE reports to Regional Editors
June 20 Aug 20 Dec 20 Mar 20

Regional Editors final text to ABA office
July 10 Sep 10 Jan 10 Apr 10

PLEASE meet your deadlines so that we can meet our deadlines!

Please send reports in our preferred order: species, date(s) [including
year],
locale, co. abbrev., number of birds, and observer, and then, on a second
line, any comments. Please separate these sections by a "tab" (except just
space between locale and county abbreviation) on electronic versions
submitted. Again, here's an example of the correct format:

Grace's Warbler 12/13/98-2/20/99 Jacks Peak MTY 1 adult RFT, mob
A second record for the Region (the first was 6/26/91 at Deer Spring,
Glass
Mt. MNO) which wintered with a large flock of Townsend's & Hermit warblers
at
the very top of Jacks Peak in Jacks Peak Regional Park. Details by Tintle
and
others are enclosed.

Many observers and Subregional Editors have been submitting their reports
electronically, either on a diskette or by e-mail. PLEASE submit electronic
reports if possible. We are trying to maintain an electronic database of at
least recent records, and we hope to be able to have all old data entered
eventually so that the entire database will be easily accessible to anyone
who
wants it. Electronic submission of records in the format described above
makes it much easier for us maintain this electronic database.

We’ve heard questions about, comments on, and criticism of our regional
reports from several observers and SREs. We really appreciate this
feedback,
as it helps us to better represent what is going on in the Region as a
whole.
Please help us correct any factual errors we make, and don’t hesitate to let
us know what you think of the reports.

Many thanks to all the contributors and Subregional Editors who make these
reports possible!

Sincerely,

Don Roberson, Dan Singer, Scott Terrill, and Steve Glover

(Middle Pacific Coast Regional Editors)

Steve Glover
Dublin, CA
sgloverccc@aol.com