Say's Phoebe back at Jefferson Square

Smokey Bear

I was excited to see the Say's Phoebe back at Jefferson Square today, along with Yellow-rumps and Townsend's, Lesser Goldfinch, and Ruby-crowned Kinglet.

I've never seen Say's Phoebe in SF away from the northern shoreline until last year, when I found one here at Jefferson Square, and another at Moscone Ballfields. I wonder if the Say's could be expanding its SF range like the Western Bluebird? Do they skirmish with Black Phoebes?

Incidentally, late last year, about the time this list had a discussion of expanding bluebird ranges, I found a Western Bluebird in Chinatown, in a single street tree in a sea of concrete, with no obvious habitat nearby.

Anna

Anna