H Cotter

All,
I was asked recently about whether I was still doing the cumulative list for San Francisco. I have some issues with the website where it is located in recent months but finally have the site back and with an updated cumulative list through June of 2020.

The list is located at sfbirds.net

The cumulative total for the City for 2020 stands at 250 species (including one species pair) - the joint highest total ever at this stage of the year.

In 2018 we also had 250 species at the end of June and ended up with a final total of 301 species- the highest number since I started the list in 1998.

2020 started off relatively quiet but it was a pretty special April and May with some exceptional highlights and it will be interesting to see how the rest of the year goes from here.

The City species list overall stands at a tentative 427 species; the County list stands at 492 species.

I hope to keep updating on a more regular basis as the year moves along.

Hugh