Topics

San Francisco Christmas Bird Count - Friday 12/27

Siobhan Ruck

Golden Gate Audubon Society invites you to take part in the annual San Francisco Christmas Bird Count, on Friday, December 27 — just four weeks away. Please join us.

As a field observer, you'll get to sample the bird life in an area that fits your interests and abilities (all skill levels are welcome), add to our understanding of the status and distribution of our wintering birds, and have fun doing it. Afterward, join the compilation dinner. A rarity or two always turns up; learning about them right away will help you see them, too. The food will be good, and the company will be even better.

Maybe you'd rather just count birds in your yard on December 27. Feeder watchers can spend as much or as little time watching birds as they wish, and their observations also advance our knowledge of winter bird populations. If this interests you, sign up as a feeder watcher -- in the evening you can join others at the compilation dinner if you wish.

The sign-up deadline is December 13; space at the compilation dinner is limited, so don't delay.

Questions? Contact the Golden Gate Audubon Society office at ggas@... or (510) 843-2222).

Siobhan Ruck, SF
(with Alan Hopkins and David Assmann)