Topics

Ruff and friends

Richard Bradus

Wow - so nice to see many of SF's finest out at Crissy Lagoon this afternoon. The Ruff put on a good show, staying where Bob and Aaron first noted it this morning on the eastern sandbar (thanks guys! - a lifer for me).
It foraged much of the time in close association with two Western Sandpipers. There was a good assortment of other birds as well. Although my camera is not up to the capability of many others in attendance, I did manage to get some flight and behavior photos of a number of species which, if anyone is interested, can be seen with my eBird report here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S59297004

Good fun! (even if the fog and wind did return).

Richard Bradus
San Francisco