Topics

Rose-breasted Grosbeak @ Botanical Garden

Ken Moy

Spotted @ 9:30 on the paved zig-zag path from SE Asian Cloud Forrest to Succulent Garden while looking for the Nashville Warbler that frequents the area. Clear 20-30 seconds view of brown and gray head with dirty white bars above and below eyes, bright white breast with three bright red streaks meeting in the center, with heavy yellowish beak protruding from the bushes beneath what appears to me to be a Willow tree. It flew out before I could make out the rest of the body. Could not refund during the following hour. Did see the Nashville in the same area, along with an orange crowned warbler with the grayish hood/back.

Happy 2020!