Red-breasted nut hatch in the yard

Josiah Clark

Not the first one I’ve had in the yard, but the others have all been in fall or winter as I remember. It’s a pretty interesting date for one, I wonder if it is dispersing from the mountains or somewhere it might be very hot.
This species used to nest irregularly in San Francisco but it has been decades since the last SF nesting record I believe. Interestingly there was a pair nesting on yerba Buena Island until just a couple years ago.

Josiah Clark | Habitat Potential | Consulting Ecologist | 415.317.3978
License #1043929