RB Grosbeak

GASSTATION@...

This morning at 7:15 I found a male RB Grosbeak singing in the ravine on the
north side of Mt. Davidson. If you go down the small trail below the summit
heading north there is a large open area 3/4 of the way to the point where
the trail heads East. The bird was singing in the Euc's there and feeding in
the bushes with the red berries (Hawthorne?). I felt the song had a slightly
slower cadence than a BH Grosbeak, but they weren't singing for comparison.
Otherwise a fairly slow morning. Nothing much at East and West Washes, Middle
Lake or Glen Canyon.

Kevin McKereghan
Gasstation@aol.com