Pomarine Jaeger on Ocean Beach

Nina Bai

Hi folks,

Keith and I are looking at a Pomarine Jaeger sitting on the sand on Ocean Beach at (37.7626416, -122.5116067), between Lincoln and Irving. Rare opportunity to see one up close.

Good luck!

Nina

--
Nina Bai
San Francisco

Anne Kelley

That bird was along Ocean Beach earlier in the week as well and was photographed by one of our Beach Watch surveyors.
Anne Kelley

On Thursday, August 4, 2022, Nina Bai <aninanina@...> wrote:
Hi folks,

Keith and I are looking at a Pomarine Jaeger sitting on the sand on Ocean Beach at (37.7626416, -122.5116067), between Lincoln and Irving. Rare opportunity to see one up close.

Good luck!

Nina

--
Nina Bai
San Francisco

Adam Winer

FWIW, the jaeger was apparently present until around 9:30 when it was flushed by a beach walker - a few minutes before I got there - but the observer then didn't notice which way it flew.  I explored north and south for about an hour without refinding it.

-- Adam Winer

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 9:21 AM Anne Kelley <akell04@...> wrote:
That bird was along Ocean Beach earlier in the week as well and was photographed by one of our Beach Watch surveyors.
Anne Kelley

On Thursday, August 4, 2022, Nina Bai <aninanina@...> wrote:
Hi folks,

Keith and I are looking at a Pomarine Jaeger sitting on the sand on Ocean Beach at (37.7626416, -122.5116067), between Lincoln and Irving. Rare opportunity to see one up close.

Good luck!

Nina

--
Nina Bai
San Francisco

Joel Perlstein

Seen again near the gull flock on Ocean Beach more or less  opposite the south end of the soccer fields, then flew off around 11. A life bird for me. Thanks Keith

On Aug 4, 2022, at 7:44 AM, Nina Bai <aninanina@...> wrot:

Hi folks,

Keith and I are looking at a Pomarine Jaeger sitting on the sand on Ocean Beach at (37.7626416, -122.5116067), between Lincoln and Irving. Rare opportunity to see one up close.

Good luck!

Nina

--
Nina Bai

Joel Perlstein
San Francisco

Joel Perlstein

Now near where originally seen. High up on beach south of the graffitied concrete structure

On Aug 4, 2022, at 11:05 AM, Joel Perlstein <joelperl@...> wrote:

Seen again near the gull flock on Ocean Beach more or less  opposite the south end of the soccer fields, then flew off around 11. A life bird for me. Thanks Keith

On Aug 4, 2022, at 7:44 AM, Nina Bai <aninanina@...> wrot:

Hi folks,

Keith and I are looking at a Pomarine Jaeger sitting on the sand on Ocean Beach at (37.7626416, -122.5116067), between Lincoln and Irving. Rare opportunity to see one up close.

Good luck!

Nina

--
Nina Bai

Joel Perlstein

Joel Perlstein
San Francisco

Adam Winer

In case people are curious about plumage: