Topics

Peregrine Falcon spotted eating a Pigeon at Heron's Head Park

axel.moser@...

I work as an Environmental Educator at the EcoCenter at Heron's Head Park and I was taking a stroll in the early afternoon when I spotted a Peregrine Falcon swoop down and grab a pigeon from a flock. It flew onto a wooden telephone pole and it commenced to tear and eat the pigeon until there was nothing left. I was able to take a picture of it mid meal.

Happy birding!
Axel Moser

Linda Swanson

This Peregrine Falcon appears to be banded.

Linda Swanson

On Mar 6, 2020, at 9:47 PM, axel.moser@... wrote:

I work as an Environmental Educator at the EcoCenter at Heron's Head Park and I was taking a stroll in the early afternoon when I spotted a Peregrine Falcon swoop down and grab a pigeon from a flock. It flew onto a wooden telephone pole and it commenced to tear and eat the pigeon until there was nothing left. I was able to take a picture of it mid meal.

Happy birding!
Axel Moser
<peregrine_falcon.jpg>