Topics

PAAU @ Land;s End - Details

Ken Moy

Approached observation deck @ approximately 8:30 on 7/14. Stopped at the last tree located just west of the deck and spotted the parakeet auklet in the surbnear Hermit Rock. Got to observation deck where David Nelson and Elenora (sp?sorry if I got your name wrong) had it in sight. We were joined by James from CT. The matter of note is that it spent about 20 minutes in the surf near the shore and for most of the time was not visible from the deck. Could be seen about 5-10 yards east of the deck looking just over the planted edge of the bluff into the surf area. At one point it flew to Hermit Rock and displayed for about 5 minutes before heading to the north face.

Best of birds,

Ken Moy