Topics

OVENBIRD

Htcotter@...

Hi All,
Tried to call the BBox without success at this stage but this morning I had a
calling Ovenbird at Fort Miley. This was the area just west of the Palace of
Legion of Honor above the VA Hospital. I was standing at the Picnic tables
and the bird appeared to call from the bushes between the Palace and the
trees. Could not find it and did not hear it again,
ALso present was a stunning Audubons in fill regalia singing.
Not much at the washes,
Hugh

GASSTATION@...

In a message dated 6/5/00 9:40:18, Htcotter@... writes:

Tried to call the BBox without success at this stage but this morning I
had a
calling Ovenbird at Fort Miley.
I was in Pt. Reyes today, but tried for the Ovenbird from about 3:30-4:45
with no success. Maybe tomorrow? BTW Pt Reyes was not as spectacular as
yesterday, 2 RB Grosbeak and Magnolia Warbler at Lighthouse, BTGreen and No.
Parula at Nunes

Kevin McKereghan
Gasstation@...

Harry Fuller <harry_fuller@...>

I also looked (and listened) for Ovenbird around 530pm...no luck. Just the
usual vocal locals, very active group of juvie Juncos. Lots of white wash under
a tree just off Clement and about twenty yuards west of 40th Ave.. Possible owl
perch there?

The Sutro Hts. RT Hawks have fledged FOUR young this year. They were perched
atop their cypress around 630pm.

Harry Fuller
www.towhee.net

To: SFBirds@...