Ocean Beach south of Taraval and the Zoo

rosita94598

Hoping to see some Bank Swallows, I drove in early and found there is no more parking near the sewer outfall at Ocean Beach.  I parked at the Taraval lot, walked south and also found no particular access to the beach.  I used to see the Bank Swallows going into their holes along the cliffs here, some of which are now covered by piled rip-rap.  Guess I'll have to learn how people access the beach and just where the Bank Swallows now nest.

What I did see was several hundred Whimbrels and several hundred Sanderlings on the beach south of Taraval and across from the Zoo.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek