North Lake Tropical Kingbird

Dan Murphy

Joan and I took a walk at North Lake this afternoon.  At about 2:15 I spotted a Tropical Kingbird on Bamboo Island.  That's the northernmost island in the lake that was once densely planted with bamboo.  The bird was seen from the little beach by the steps directly across the lake from the island.  It flew from a willow initially, then went to an albezia and used that for his flycatching needs.  This bird might be seen from the beach at the NE corner of the lake, but not very well.  I doubt it could be seen from the west side of the lake.

Good birding,
Dan Murphy