No Snowy Plovers

Alan Hopkins

I walked Ocean Beach from Noriega to Irving and saw no Snowy Plovers jus tons of people and their dogs. Apparently the powers that be, by closing streets, want to cram as many people in as small a space as possible.

If you see any Snowy Plovers in this area let us know!

Alan S. Hopkins
San Francisco, CA

Aaron Maizlish

There were about 60 Snowy Plovers there two weeks ago. I walked along the beach on Sunday after the king tide. The water had gone all the way up to the foot of the cliffs(!) and the beach was entirely wet. No pavers, I assume they temporarily relocated elsewhere last weekend. Hope they return.

Aaron

On Dec 19, 2020, at 1:37 PM, Alan Hopkins <alanhopkins@...> wrote:

I walked Ocean Beach from Noriega to Irving and saw no Snowy Plovers jus tons of people and their dogs. Apparently the powers that be, by closing streets, want to cram as many people in as small a space as possible.

If you see any Snowy Plovers in this area let us know!

Alan S. Hopkins
San Francisco, CA

Dominik Mosur

Hi Alan,

I’ve counted  30-40 between Judah an Taraval the last few days going back to Wednesday.

Also , with logan we observed a usgs biologists flushing them during routine mapping.

I’ll check again tomorrow.

Dominik