Topics

Negative on Parula

Richard Bradus

Hi all

Seeing as how no one has chimed in as yet, I wanted to pass along the fact that multiple folks had explored North Lake late this morning and early afternoon and, at least as of 1 pm, the Parula had not reappeared. All was not lost, however, as there was a good mix of other warblers - mostly Yellows but also Wilson's, Townsend's and Yellowthroat, plus a few Pac-slope/Western Flycatchers, Warbling Vireos and a Red-breasted Nuthatch (possibly two, if one includes some more distant honking heard by many). There was also some interesting vocalization by a pair of juvenile Cooper's Hawks, one of whom perched quite low a couple of times off the path along the southwestern part of the lake north of the bridge (north of where the raccoons and Ravens continue to hang out), providing iPhone photo opportunities for some surprised walkers.

Good luck to all who may be trying later today. In any case, now that Mother Nature has turned on our natural air-conditioning (fog) again, it seems that migration season is set to begin earnest.

Have fun out there!

Richard Bradus
San Francisco