Mt. Davidson Migrants - 4/27/21

Joachim Gonzalez

This clear and warm morning I went up to Mt. Davidson in hopes of some migrants. I was joined by Rachel Lawrence and Nico Stuurman for some of the time as well. The hill was fairly active and the migrant diversity was fairly high.

Notable migrants include:
a female Black-headed Grosbeak
2 male Lazuli Buntings
a late Ruby-crowned Kinglet
a House Wren, my first on the hill
the best bird however was a silent Hammond's Flycatcher working the ravine.

Photos and details of the Hammond's here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S86500541

Good Birding,
Joachim Gonzalez

janet ellis

I was up there on Saturday and heard and saw lots of Pacific Wrens.
Janet Ellis
Newark

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 3:31 PM, Joachim Gonzalez <gonzalexgaming21@...> wrote:

This clear and warm morning I went up to Mt. Davidson in hopes of some migrants. I was joined by Rachel Lawrence and Nico Stuurman for some of the time as well. The hill was fairly active and the migrant diversity was fairly high.

Notable migrants include:
a female Black-headed Grosbeak
2 male Lazuli Buntings
a late Ruby-crowned Kinglet
a House Wren, my first on the hill
the best bird however was a silent Hammond's Flycatcher working the ravine.

Photos and details of the Hammond's here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S86500541

Good Birding,
Joachim Gonzalez

Dominik Mosur

Yes. The mount Davidson euke groves are a stronghold for Pacific Wrens year round.

At least 2-3 territories up there each spring.

DM