Mt. Davidson, 08/02/00 (6:50-8:10 AM)

Paul Saraceni <Paul.Saraceni@...>

Hints of passerine migration and the first fog-free morning visit in weeks.

Observations of local interest:

Band-tailed Pigeon 2
Allen's Hummingbird 17
Warbling Vireo 1
W. Scrub-Jay 14 (in 1 flock; high count for year)
Orange-crowned Warbler 2
HERMIT WARBLER 1 imm. (post-breeding wanderer from Marin Co. or Santa Cruz
Mtns.??)
Wilson's Warbler 1
Bullock's Oriole 2 imm.
Pine Siskin 18

Also, belatedly, I observed an Osprey in S.F. soaring over Cole Valley on
July 23.

Paul Saraceni
paul.saraceni@derwin.com

Mark W. Eaton <mweaton@...>

Paul Saraceni wrote:

Hints of passerine migration and the first fog-free morning visit in weeks.

Observations of local interest:

HERMIT WARBLER 1 imm. (post-breeding wanderer from Marin Co. or Santa Cruz
Mtns.??)
If recollection servces, HEWA do come through early (i.e. in August) but I think
this is too early even for that. If someone has 'Birds of California' by
McCaskie & Morlan, it might be fun to check...

Mark

--
Mark Eaton
mailto:mweaton@pacbell.net

'56' can not be used as a function.
- Actual error message from g++ compiler