Topics

McLaren Park , Gray fox creek, Sharpie

Eddie Bartley

Noreen and I have been periodically monitoring the willow habitat that follows Gray Fox creek above and below JG Amphitheater. RPD's Natural Resources have been working to restore this zone for many years and it's looking great with lots of Flowering currant, elderberry in blossom as well as the willows.

This morning bird activity was high, much courting including CB Chickadees and singing: Townsend's and Yellow-rumped Warblers, RC Kinglets. In a flash a Sharp-shinned Hawk came in on a chicakdee: swing and a miss. Landed close to us to reconsider options and we could see it was a juvenile (second year) female. First Sharpie I've seen in the city this year says eBird.

Happy Trails!

Eddie Bartley