May is (almost) history...

Htcotter@...

However the list in June over the last 10 years or so includes ...

Tenessee, MAgnolia, Worm eating, CHestnut SIded, Hooded and Black and White
warblers, Northern Waterthrush, American REdstart, Northern PArula, Ovenbird,
RB Grosbeak, Eastern Kingbird, Horned Puffin, Black Swift, Summer Tanager and
lets not forget Mr Murphys infamous Gila Woodpecker......

Hugh

Mark W. Eaton <mweaton@...>

...get those B2k updates to me, preferably in the next two or three days
(you know who you are... :-)

The dog days are nearly upon us; in '98 only three birds and one sp. were
added to the list in '98:

AMERICAN REDSTART 6/3
OVENBIRD 6/3
BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER 6/20
[BOOBY SPECIES] 6/26

Mark
--
Mark Eaton mailto:mweaton@pacbell.net
SFBirds Web Page http://home.pacbell.net/mweaton

"Leaders should lead as far as they can then vanish. Their ashes
should not choke the fire they have lit."

- H.G. Wells (1866-1946)

Dan Murphy <murphsf@...>

Seems you forgot Lawrence's Goldfinch, the reason for me birding Sutro Park in
the first place. The Gila Woodpecker must have chased them off. I still need
that goldfinch for my SF list so let's get out there and find one for me.

It's probable Joan saw 2 different magpies on Skyline Blvd in Daly City
yesterday. They were flying over and she couldn't stop because of traffic.
Special note to HF -- forget it. :-}

I guess nobody mentioned the presence of a fox running from Middle Lake to the
equestrian field during the weekend. How long will the poor feral cats survive
this guy?

Did you see the article in this morning's Chron about off leash dogs and da
Mayor'z little effort to control them? Take a peek.

Best, Dan