Long-tailed Ducks

Brian Fitch

While migrant watching from Battery Godfrey today with Rachel Lawrence, we saw two separate female type Long-tailed Ducks heading east through the Gate, each within a Surf Scoter flock.  The first flock went well into the bay with no sign of making a U-turn, and was separated in time enough from the second flock to make us suspect there were two different Long-taileds.

Yesterday at the Battery, Hugh Cotter and I saw an immature Bald Eagle flying north from the city into Marin.  Both watches were pretty uneventful otherwise.

Brian Fitch